The municipality advocates urban renewal
The Local Urban Plan (PLU) of the commune of Cannes, which is currently being revised, was approved on 11 February 2019, with approval planned for 2020. The commune has set itself no less than 18 objectives, including the reduction of its urban sprawl, despite the fact that it has little land available (vacant lots, etc.). The urbanisation of the municipality will be developed through a policy of urban renewal: the opening of 1.1 ha previously restricted confirms this.
Feasibility increases in city centres and seaside areas
Construction is encouraged as close as possible to the city centre and the coastline, in particular:
- East of the Boulevard Carnot, north of the Cannes train station: the plots in red gain in building height(+3 floors) and in floor space. The plots in orange gain 3 floors with an unchanged right-of-way. The ground surface area increases for the plots in yellow with a maximum height that does not change.
- Between Avenue du Docteur Raymond Picaud and Boulevard de la Mer : the plots in red gain 3 floors and the ground surface area increases. The plots in orange gain 3 floors.
Cannes restricts construction in certain areas
To protect and enhance its resort areas, the city of Cannes restricts construction, for example:
- North of Avenue du Dr Raymond Picaud: the authorised façade height is reduced by 1 storey, and the maximum authorised floor area is reduced.
The future of Cannes is taking shape in the West
The western part of the commune will undergo a profound transformation with 2 development operations and 1 large-scale project:
- OAP l'Abadie: creation of an economic pole Agritech, activity zone and cultural base for agronomic research
- The Nouvelle Frayère OAP: this district presents urban renewal challenges (ANRU: National Agency for Urban Renewal)
- Cannes Grand Ouest: a first phase of renewal of the existing urban area (entrance to the station, landscaping, etc.) and then a second phase which aims to transform the land potential
Test Kel Foncier for free at kelfoncier.com/test-gratuit to find out the list of plots with high building potential and to identify land opportunities in the revised Cannes PLU.
Or ask for your test directly at email@example.com or on 01 84 60 28 84
The Kel Foncier team wishes you an excellent land development!